Thursday, December 15, 2011

15th December 2011

well, after 2 months i worked up the guts to inside the enclosure and get up close and pesonal with Mzere..how cool. as soon as i walk in, he takes me for a run all through his little forest, which is quite difficult at my height trying to run bent over. he picks up a rope and runs, wanting me to catch him and grab the rope, but he's quick and if i do get it, he soon takes it back. he is twice as strong as me and bigger teeth, so he wins every time.

i'm also his chew toy, but he is not as gentle as when i let him chew my fingers through the cage. occassionally he will slow down so we can groom but mostly he is hyper when i go in and wants to run and chew.

Karl did a video of me and mzere but its huge. i need to learn how to edit it so its small enough to upload.

bili is coming into her monthly cycle. she through rocks at my window coz i didn't give her attention and when i did go out, she ambushed me. but later she played and ran and did summersaults while i was with her which is a first after 2 months. i didn't hang around to see if it was a ploy just to ambush me more. i'm learning a lot about women from her hahaha... only joking of course lol.

Ive been looking around and thinking WAY TOO MUCH about here and if its the place to settle. unfortunately i cannot find anything like where i am staying now. very little forest and mountain land so prices are high. flat land i can get for as little as $2,500/acrea.. if only that did it for me lol. i could live out in the bush, flat almost like savanah type land surrounded by wildlife, but my dream has always been sitting in a spa on my balcony with a bottle of JD looking down a huge valley and mountains of rainforest.

if i was happy to not have a home of my own, i could live here quite cheap looking after chimps until either the chimp or their owners die. i can live on $100/week at the most. but my heart is aching for a home. i've roamed so much, i need to stop and settle. surround myself with my stuff and nest lol.

there are too many options of where to live cheap; ecuador, costa ricca, panama all sound great, but logistically too far from family and work opportunities. thailand and malaysia are good bets, so i think thats where i will head next year.

i've made some friends here and involved in other charity work taking health care to the regions of Kenya, so it will be sad to leave, but africa is not for everyone. even with my love for their wildlife.

if anyone would love to donate to help this charity, let me know. they need $250k per year to run mobile health services out in the regional areas, trying to stop the spread of aides/hiv and also stop young young girls getting pregnant and suffering shocking abortions.

thats the lastest folks. stay safe and live life to the fullest

No comments:

Post a Comment